TxM 003 Section 1.1 Why you should read this Created by James on 6/26/2013 3:09:12 PM
You may well be asking yourself why you would want to read a document on Taxonomies in ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) Systems or Business Intelligence (BI) / Data Warehouse (DW) investments.
Following are some reasons you might want to consider:
1. You are frustrated that you cannot get the information you need from your ERP / BI / DW investment
2. You know that the Financial Mail has reported that "19 out of 20 ERP Implementations do NOT deliver what was promised" and want to prevent that happening to you or have it and want to get out of that situation
3. Gartner has reported that despite massive investments "most organizations are NOT making better decisions than five years ago" and you do not want that or have it and want to get out of it
4. You are seriously considering trashing your present systems out of frustration and are wondering what to do
5. You can identify with the CEO who rated his executive information systems at 1 out of 10 where 0 = "non-existent"
6. You have spent millions but cannot get answers to questions relating to data you KNOW is in your database
7. You have heard horror stories of corporations damaged by defective system implementations and want to make sure it does not happen to you – see the Harvard Business Review article "Why Your IT Project May Be Riskier Than You Think" at the end of this volume.
All of these situations are directly and dramatically POSITIVELY impacted by the material contained in this document, I encourage you to read further...
The comment feature is locked by administrator.